I've been using the note 8 for a few days now. It needs a better screen, much better battery life and needs to run cooler. On the plus side the stylus is great on a screen this size and its smartphone ability is handy. However, though I'm enjoying using this with the stylus, there are better tablets already available, or wait for a new Samsung note 8.
- The stylus works much better on the Note 8 that the smaller Note 3; in part due to the larger screen, but also because of the larger stylus.
- It can act as a smartphone: able to take a phone sim card, to use the simcards's data, voice or sms
- Screen resolution is OK, as long as you're not comparing it to anything like the LG g pad 8.3, or any retina iPad
- Battery life is poor (and it isn't good at holding onto its charge when not being user
- It gets hot (and worse, it gets hot where you hold the tablet if using it in portrait and if you're right handed)
- If you use almost any other decent device, the relatively poor resolution becomes very, very apparent.
- As a tablet it's expensive (though if you're using it as a phone then it's not so bad)
- Freezes every so often (about once a day). Seems to be when switching from landscape to portrait.
- The back is slippery. That doesn't help with holding it
- The number of apps that can work in split screen mode is limited. And the lack of LG's mini windows doesn't help productivity
- The screen is a bit of a smudge magnet
- Would be nice if it had the standard Google buttons in the standard layout, or at least had configurable buttons
- It starts to feel uncomfortable after a while if holding one handed. In part this is the weight, but also the width (the Note 8 is noticeably wider than the LG gPad 8.3, despite the latter having a larger display).
- It doesn't help that the Note gets hot, nor the buttons on the bottom which mean you can't easy hold it in the bottom rather than the side without pressing something).
- It can take an sd card (not a benefit for me due to corporate security restrictions)
- Touchwiz on this is further from Android than most manufacturer's skins. Luckily there's Nova launcher. (There's also more bloatware to disable on this than previous tablets I've had).
- The speaker has volume but clarity is poor compared to most tablets & phablets that I've used